Team Lead – Software Engineer – PHP
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Team Lead Software Engineer - PHP
We are looking for a technically proficient developer or ex-developer who would like to lead, inspire, and grow individuals and teams. Join and learn with our experienced team leads and help them shape the future of an international, dynamic, and knowledge hungry software development organization! Are you passionate about agile principles and a strong believer of high code quality? Are you as good with people as you are with software development? Then we want to hear from you!
- Coach and mentor a team of 5-15 Software Engineers.
- Shape and define the technological strategy of your team.
- Contribute your passion for technology and stay up to date with current trends.
- Promote good engineering practices to increase code quality, reliability, security, robustness, and performance.
- Empower teams to be autonomous and take full responsibility for their product.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and different Stakeholders to combine different perspectives into a joint plan of action.
- Contribute to large-scale projects that affect millions of daily users.
The ideal candidate:
- Likes working with people as much as with compilers.
- Has completed a degree in Computer Science or related field, or has relevant work experience.
- Is a skillful software engineer and has ideally worked in a large-scale and/or high-traffic environment before.
- Has a keen eye for people’s talents and knows how to turn them into performance for the company.
- Is comfortable communicating in English.
Life at trivago is...
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- The opportunity to give back to the open source community: https://github.com/trivago
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
When submitting your application, please provide us with any links that showcase your work, or that might be relevant to the position (ie. GitHub, Bitbucket, Stack Overflow etc.). You can include these at the top of your CV.